Thursday, December 30, 2010

Bare Necessities

tapping her manicured nails on the desk
she expounded on her hardships
tugging the hearts strings with her needs
she couldn't live in an apartment
not after a gorgeous house
and the landlord should understand
how could she afford the rent
after quitting her benefit-providing job
blinded by the multiple diamonds
I bit my tongue to retorts
internally fuming at her entitlement
couldn't return to school
without paying for the first time around
greedy government wanting their loan repaid
and though I wished her well
as she clasped her Gucci purse to leave
mostly I wished her clarity
that before she dug too deep a hole
(possibly too late already)
she adjust to the life she has
instead of the life she left behind

3 comments:

  1. Wait a minute - I mean just one more to go. What was I thinking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering the same thing. Let's not drag this out. I'm ready to say "Success and Done!"

    ReplyDelete